3 nights Rural Experience
Day one :
- Arrive by surface from Udaipur /Ajmer or Jodhpur.
- Relax and unwind – enjoy a swim in the palm tree lined pool ; or explore the village antique shops, spice laden stores or strike a bargain with the textile merchants.
Day two :
- Take the local train after breakfast, where the train track traverses down a hill section of the Aravalli ranges – over bridges and through tunnels – a relaxing, picturesque journey where one gets a chance to mingle with the locals.
- Back by lunch and after a little rest be ready for the jeep excursion with a family member.
- Tailored to suit the interest of the guest and depending on the local attraction of the time – a village fair, a lake where the migratory birds have arrived, a local attraction – one drives out of the village into the rural countryside and we end up at a lake to enjoy sundowners by sunset.
Day Three :
- The last day we plan a picnic lunch at a farm.
- A drive through the open country to a farm where tables are set out under a canopy.
- The traditional Rajasthani meal of, LAL Maans ( mutton ), dal ( lentils ), bati ( bread baked on live charcoals) and choorma is being cooked on a open hearth and the guests can watch their meal being prepared while enjoying a drink and exploring the rugged rocky terrain.
- After the meal one can stretch out on the “charpoys” set out in the warm winter sun. And return back to Dev Shree after a cup of chai.